How we use Educational setting’s information
Information for Educational settings
A new data privacy law was introduced in the UK on 25 May 2018. Regardless of Bexit UK Data Protection Law must take into account the GDPR in order for UK businesses to continue to offer services and goods to people within the EU. As a result, we’re publishing a new Privacy Notice to make it easier for you to find out how we use and protect your information. We will not be changing the ways we use your personal information, but the new notice will provide you with additional details.
SG Education Welfare Consultancy Ltd has set out how theconsultancy is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)UK regulations.SG Education Welfare Consultancy will only process personal data shared within the UK or EEA.
SG Education Welfare Consultancy sets out the following:
- Who we are
- How we use the data we collect
- What information we collect
- How and when we use the information we collect
- The legal bases on which we use the information
- How we keep your details safe and secure
Who we are
SG Education Welfare Consultancy provide educational settings with support and guidance when issues, concerns arise due to student attendance. SG Education Welfare Consultancy also provide, when required, home visits to pupil’s addresses and will liaise with third party agencies (with written consent of the educational setting) in order to remove barriers and to help improve attendance.SG Education Welfare Consultancy and the educational setting create and sign a contractual agreement between the setting and SG Education Welfare Consultancy Ltd in order to fulfil its duty as Education Welfare Consultant.
Data processor definition … in relation to personal data, means any person (other than an employee of the data controller) who processes the data on behalf of the data controller.
Subject matter, duration, nature and purpose of data
- Children and young people, parents/legal guardian/external agencies/health professionals
- Information about how long data is kept will be adhered to according to each educational settings Data Protection & Information Security policy
- Data from SIMS is collected for use in pupil’s attendance meetings
- Attendance letterssent to parents/legal guardian’s/health professionals regarding attendance concerns at educational setting
- Home/school visits/Medical Action Plansto review/discuss pupils attendance
Categories of data subjects
- Medical Health Professionals
- Relevant third party external agencies
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Type of personal data being processed
- Pupil personal data:names, age/year group/date of birth, name of educational setting, gender, home contact details, address, ethnicity, SEND information
- SIMS attendance data
- Parent/guardian details
- Pupil personalmedical information, GP name, address
- Medical consent forms
Purpose of personal data being processed
- For safeguarding purposes and to monitor progress of pupils’ attendance
- To inform school or other educational setting of any medical conditions of pupils
Obligations and rights as Data Processors:
- School or other educational setting will provide attendance data of pupils, including SEND/health information where appropriate.
- SG Education Welfare Consultancy will only use personal data for the purposes outlined above (as directed by theschool or other educational setting).
- SG Education Welfare Consultancywill ensure all personal data will be deleted/destroyed orreturned to the Controller, school or other educational settingaccording to each educational settings Data Retentionand Information Security policy
- All SG Education Welfare Consultancy, Education Welfare Consultant’s (EWC’s) adhere to eachschool or other educational setting’s policies including Information Security, Data Protection and Data Retention Policy.
- SG Education Welfare Consultancy will co-operate with any School or other educational setting in respect of complaints received from data subjects or their representatives.
SG Education Welfare Consultancy adheres to each educational settings Data Retention/Information Security/Data Protectionpolicy, which covers the data rights of individuals, secure processing, reporting and communicating data breachesand the conducting of impact assessments where relevant.
- SG Education Welfare Consultancy shall destroy/delete or return personal data setting according to each educational settings Data Retention policy.
Access to Data
As data processors, schools and other educational settings are entitled to inspect how shared data is used and kept secured.This may involveengaging with audits and investigations alongside the school or other educational setting.